Dubai Shopping Festival 2019 Is Calling!
The Dubai Shopping Festival is back and there’s more possessions to be had, while making more savings this year. Believe it or not, Dubai Shopping Festival is the biggest event on the retail calendar! This mega event draws crowds from around the globe and the best labels are up for grabs at discounted rates. Lasting over a month long, the Dubai Shopping Festival truly is shopaholic’s best opportunity to bag great bargains. Commenced on December 26th, the DSF 2019 will go on till February 2nd. So, grab your girls and set out for this spectacular shopping spree, where you’ll get the biggest bang for your buck.
A few malls host shop-the-night-away evenings every Wednesday throughout DSF. Starting at 6pm, you can pick stuff from your favourite shops and you will also find workshops, styling sessions, and VIP gift bags on offer. This city-wide festival comes with unbeatable deals and discounts at many locations, some of which include:
• Global Village
• Al Rigga Street
• Dubai Mall
• Night Souk
• Al Fahidi
• Gold Souk
• The Layali Dubai Concert
• Promenade at Dubai Festival City
• DSF Desert Camp
• Asianet Film Awards
• Al Seef Street
• Mall of the Emirates
• Deira City Centre
• Ibn Battuta Mall
Women-only holiday to Dubai
Things to buy at the Dubai Shopping Festival 2019
1. Gold Jewellery: Dubai hands-down is known for its gold’s purity and that’s exactly why many Indians shop for gold jewellery while in Dubai. I’m sure you know of family and friends who’ve done so, well, at least I do. While the purity of gold in Dubai is what you can rely on, the emirate also boasts about intricate jewellery designs that will spoil you for choice.
2. Apparels: If high-end labels are on your mind, you will be spoilt for choice. From Jack & Jones to Christian Louboutin, the fest is packed with brands you’ve always wanted to see in your wardrobe, well of course, without burning a hole in your pocket. Find weavers from around the globe at the Global Village and grab them all at lowest prices.
3. Cosmetics, Perfumes & Watches: Bvlgari, De Beers, Chanel, Burberry, Micheal Kors and more such international brands are easily available and at duty-free prices.
4. Electronics: It is also advisable to buy electronics at DSF. The electronic gadgets come with a warranty that holds well in most of the countries. With a wide range of choices, the DSF also has the recent models easily available at all outlets.
5. Leather Goods: Dubai is known for its quality of leather. Pick up some leather items from Sharief, Jashanmal, Condotti, Burberry, Prada and other top brands. Be it a belt, bag or a jacket, name it and you will find it!
6. Exotics: Don’t forget to pick dry fruits and aromatic spices like saffron, black cardamom, and don’t forget to bring back their special almonds and dates dipped in chocolate.
Tips For Dubai Shopping Festival: Shop till you drop, but be wise at it!
1. Download the Dubai Shopping Festival app on your smartphone or tablet to stay updated on offers
2. The best time to shop is while others are still in bed. And you certainly want to grab the deal on your perfectly sized Jimmy Choo!
3. Wear a tank under your top to try clothes over and avoid the never-ending queues for changing rooms.
4. Don’t hesitate from splurging on a good deal because what you might not need now, might be of great use later and to have gotten a good deal will not make you feel guilty.
5. If you have a wedding happening in the house, make sure to pick things for the wedding trousseau. You will need everything from skincare and hair essentials to bags and shoes. Even if you don’t have any wedding to attend, DSF will want you to go all out on splurging! 😉
Dubai Shopping Festival requires stamina from even the most seasoned of shoppers! The real deals and items you can buy tax-free, make many save-up for an entire year just so they can spend a whole lot during this shopping fest.
Been to the Dubai Shopping Festival? Leave us a line below with tips from your very own experience.
Check out our Dubai itinerary
Also browse through other options of women-only holidays
Visit Getaway Goddess for more information on women-only holidays