Experience The Breathtaking Beauty of Europe’s Art & Culture
Europe has always had a long history with art. Some of the most famous artists, sculptors and rock paintings have been discovered within the European countries. Here is a list of places in Europe that every art lover must add to their European tour:
Once the centre of the impressive Roman Empire, the city of Rome is not only the capital of Italy but is the hub of ancient artifacts of great historical significance. The entire city of Rome is dotted with beautiful sculptures and churches showcasing the rich history and love for art. St. Peter’s Basilica is a must visit not only in the hopes of a glimpse of the pope but also for the art treasures. The Pantheon, Piazza Navona and the Colosseum are destinations you must have on your itinerary when deciding your European tour.
Must Watch: VIDEO: Your City Guide To Rome, Italy
Travel tips for St. Peter’s Basilica, Rome:
- It is important that you plan a visit to the St. Peter’s Basilica well in advance as millions of people visit here every day. To avoid long queue, it is advisable to reserve tickets online with a tour group.
- It is free of cost to enter the St. Peter’s Basilica but there is a charge for visiting the dome to see the Vatican Necropolis. However, a visit to the Vatican Necropolis requires special permission from Excavation Office.
- Tourist should be properly dressed to enter the museum. The visitors are supposed to wear shoes, and shoulders and knees have to be covered. Many tourists are refused to enter because of improper dressing.
- On Wednesdays, you can get free tickets to see the Pope give a Papal Mass in St Peter’s Square.
- Be very careful with your belongings.
Visit Rome to discover its majestic art!See Rome Tour Package
The city of love is also known as the global center for fashion, art and food. The Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower are the most iconic landmarks of Paris which you should visit. One of the largest museums in the world, The Louvre houses an impressive collection of art work which is divided into a number of curatorial departments including the Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Islamic art pieces. No visit to The Louvre is complete without having a glimpse of Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, one of the most famed and controversial paintings in history.
Also Watch: VIDEO: Your City Guide To Paris, France
Travel tips for The Louvre, Paris:
- Owing to the size of the museum and the scale of its collections, it is impossible to cover The Louvre in one visit. That is why, the museum offers a variety of ways to cover the popular artworks including a 90-minute tour of 10 most famous works in the Masterpieces Visitor Trail.
- Opening hours – 9am – 6pm, all days except Tuesdays.
- Admission to the entire museum costs 15 euros (17 euros if ordered online)
Interested to tour Paris?See Rome Tour Package
London has a variety of museums and art galleries housing works from all over the world which one can visit free of cost. From medieval to modern art, these museums have them all. When planning your European tour package you should try to add visits to the National Gallery and the Tate Modern.
Also Read: 7 Must-Have Experiences In London
- The best time to visit the Tate Modern and the National Gallery is in the morning. The busiest time is from 3 pm to 6pm.
- The National Gallery has three entrances facing Trafalgar Square: the Portico Entrance in the center, the Getty Entrance and the Sainsbury Entrance. It is best to take the Sainsbury entrance.
- Entrance to the Tate Modern is free.
- Weekends are busier than weekdays.
Visit London to discover its majestic art!See Rome Tour Package
The capital of Austria is known for its artistic and intellectual legacy as it has produced Mozart, Sigmund Freud and Beethoven. What makes Vienna unique is its current transition from an old city to a global one. There are a number of museums and palaces which you must visit on your European tour to Vienna. Particularly the St. Stephens Cathedral, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Albertina and Schönbrunn Palace are must visits.
- The opening timings of Kunsthistorisches museum is 10 am to 6 pm from Tuesdays to Sundays and 10 am to 9 pm on Thursdays.
- The entry to the museum is chargeable.
- Sunday is the busiest day.
Explore Vienna with us NOW!See Vienna Tour Package
Europe is a continent which is rich in history, art and culture. Some of the most profound works of art have been made by Europeans such as Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vince, Raphael and Mozart. If you love an appreciate art, you must try to add one of these cities on your European tour package.