VIDEO: Your City Guide To Top Tourist Places In Paris, France
Paris, for some, is synonymous with romance. For others, Paris is synonymous with fashion. And we’re certain this city of lights is heaven for people with a flair for fine architecture. Take a look into the grandeur of Paris with some of the best tourist places in Paris in this city guide:
This French capital boasts of museums, delectable cuisine, some of the best wines, architectural jewels and so much more. While Paris is one of the world’s major metros, age-old cultures and traditions still prevail. On your tour to Paris, it’s hard not to be captivated by the historic buildings and be awed by the architecture; Paris tops the travel list of everyone fond of fine, aesthetic things. Let’s know more about these captivating monuments which are some of the best tourist places in Paris.
Top 4 Tourist Places In Paris You MUST Visit
1. Eiffel Tower
La Tour Eiffel, or the Eiffel Tower symbolized Paris. This 320 meters tall architectectural masterprice is known as the ‘Iron Lady’ with 8,000 metallic parts held together by 2.5 million rivets. Named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, this global cultural icon of France is one of the most recognizable structures on Earth. The tower has three levels, ie, first level, second level and top level:
The first level has gift shops, a museum, a post office, 58 Tour Eiffel restaurant, cafeteria, a gallery room, restrooms and the Cineiffel Theatre that displays fascinating facts about the Eiffel Tower.
The second level is at the altitude of 115 meters and offers one of the best views of Paris. The tourist can either take the elevator or walk up 704 steps from the ground level. This level has cafeteria, a Story Window describing the Eiffel Tower’s construction, a Vision Wall which is an ideal spot for taking pictures and the Jules Verenes restaurant offering top-notch french cuisine.
The top level is at a height of 276 meters. Enjoy the stunning view of Paris cityscape that extends as far as 70 kilometers. The top level has Gustave Eiffel’s Office that has wax models of Gustave Eiffel and his daughter Claire.
|Ticket Cost||For Adults||For Children (age – 12 to 24)||For Children (aged 4 to 11)
|Top level (lift)
|2nd floor (stairs)
|2nd floor + Top level (lift)
- The entrance fee for children under 4 is free
Want to take a trip to Europe?See Paris Tour Packages
2. Cathédrale Notre-Dame De Paris
Founded by King Louis IX (Saint Louis) and Bishop Maurice de Sully in 1163, the Cathédrale Notre-Dame is a splendid masterpiece in Paris. This 70 meter high cathedral is adorned with French-Gothic architecture, marvelous support beams known as the ‘flying buttresses’ and magnificent stained-glass windows.
The Cathedral is one of the largest religious landmark in the world and was designed in a Gothic fashion. Its South Tower is home to Notre Dame’s largest bell, weighing 13 tons and is known as the Emmanuel Bell. The other four bells are located in the North Tower. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1991, Notre-Dame is the most visited monument of Europe and is one of the best tourist places in Paris.
Book a trip to Europe!See Paris Tour Packages
- Wear comfortable shoes if you want to go to the top of Notre Dam till the bell tower. You will need to climb 387 steps as there is no elevator.
- Choose early morning time to tour Notre Dame
3. Le Louvre Museum
The Louvre holds around 30,000 artworks and many of western Civilization’s top-notch masterpieces. The Louvre was once a royal residence for the kings and most of the paintings in the museum were owned by the kings.
The museum has three wings namely the Denon wing, Sully wing and the Richelieu wing and each wing has over 70 rooms displaying beautiful and world-renowned artworks. Some of the famous artworks you must see are:
- Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci – Denon Wing, Room 6
- Victoire de Samothrace – Denon Wing, Daru Staircase
- Captif Sculptures by Michelangelo – Denon Wing, Room 4
- The Coronation of Napoléon by Jacques-Louis David – Denon Wing, Room 75
- Vénus de Milo – Sully Wing, Room 7
- The Cheat with the Ace of Diamonds by Georges de la Tour – Sully Wing, Room 24
- Psyche Revived by the Kiss of Love by Antonio Canova – Richelieu Wing, Pavillon de Flore
Want to take a trip to Europe?See Paris Tour Packages
- It is hard to cover all the artworks in the museum, so it is highly recommended to go for three-hour Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour. This tour includes headsets, so you can hear your knowledgeable guide explain the history and its significance.
- The main entrance and ticket office is at the Pyramid du Louvre. There are long queues for the ticket so be prepared to stand in long lines.
- There are many cafés, restaurants, and snack bars throughout the building and in the gardens, no need to carry your own food or grubs.
4. Sainte Chapelle
Sainte Chapelle is a gem among Paris iconic monuments and was built in 1245 . This 76 meter high chapel is adorned with exquisite stained-glass windows and beautiful chandeliers in such a way that this aesthetic holy place feels like the inside of a jewel from within.
The Sainte Chapelle is one of the most important monument in the world as it houses great relics of the king, including Christ’s crown of thorns and a piece of the true cross.
Planning a trip to Europe?See Paris Tour Packages
Write to us:
Or Write To Us:
Or Call Us On:
Picture credit – Mohit Khushalani
Originally published in Nov’17